MATLAB-based demonstrations of signal and image behavior in MRI
Prepared for the 2014 UCLA/Semel Advanced Neuroimaging Summer Program
For a very gentle introduction to MATLAB, have a look at A short intro to MATLAB.Learn about plotting, Fourier transforms and convolution.
©2014 Mark S. Cohen, Ph.D., All rights reserved
- Contrast to Noise Ratio
- Simulation of the effects of imaging time and matrix size on the visibility of objects of various size in MR imaging. Shows that smaller voxels does not necessarily mean better resolution.
- MRI contrast
- Understanding the effects of sequence parameters on image contrast.
- K-Space Demos
- Demonstration of important Fourier imaging effects including:
- MRI Raw Data
- What k-space data typically look like
- Resolution and k-space
- High and low spatial frequency information
- Smoothing and Sharpening
- Spike Artifacts
- Fourier shift theorem
- Motion artifact
- Parameter tradeoffs in MRI
- Why does the minimum te change when you change the field of view? How and why does bandwidth affect the number of image slices?